* A welcome reprise of one of last year’s most popular events.
* JEFF plus SPATS ‘equals a whole repertory company: a swing / stride / blues/ ragtime
pianist; a wonderful rhythm guitarist who also solos in his own way; an inimitable banjo wizard; two singers who can emulate Fats Waller or Al Bowlly, croon or harmonize or scat;two comedians,two clowns.’
* ANNE BARNHART (flute).
* Tenth Anniversary visit of TIM - ‘a contemporary improvising “Paganini”’,
* NIGEL CLARKE - ‘an awe-inspiring guitar virtuoso’,
* ROY PERCY - ‘unique bass slapping techniques and his subtle dynamism’.
* Possibly the ultimate violin-led jazz trio.
* Glad tidings of Great Jazz: ‘SPATS’ LANGHAM’ is back!
* This time, the ‘strummiest’ man around is joined by his regular multi-instrumentalist chums:
MALCOLM SKED and DANNY BLYTH with stylish vocals from EMILY CAMPBELL.
* 78rpm jazz from the 20s and 30s.
*Hard swinging outfit -with us just a year ago-peddling lively repertoire
of mainly 40s/50s ‘tuneful’ bop & blues.
* PAUL PALMER (sax),GEOFF BARTHOLOMEW (trumpet),
JON MOORE (guitar),STEVE SIMPSON (bass),JACK DAVIES (drums).
* ‘Rising Star’ in the British Jazz Awards, trumpetman JAMIE returns
to front an exciting foursome featuring
New Orleans ‘Street Beat’, Swing etc.
* TOM KINCAID(keyboard), KEN MARLEY (double bass), JACK COTTERILL (drums).
* Lancaster-based outfit who appeared at the Club in the Ivy Leaf
& Brewery days now re-formed with a mix of old and new faces.
* The style is swing-to-bop.
* DAVE STRUTT (trumpet/flugelhorn),PAUL FROGGATT (sax/ clarinet),
MIKE REYNOLDS (keyboard), PAUL GUPPY(bass),PETE FRENCH(drums)
*Trad band featuring past/present members of the High Society Jazz Band
and 3 outstanding Scots musicians makes its English debut.
* PETER BOSWELL (trombone/cornet),BRIAN GORDON (bass),
BRUCE CARNAFFIN ( clarinet/ bass clarinet), are joined by
MIKE DALY (trumpet) here with John Hallam in Aug ‘16,
KIT CAREY(banjo),BILL MULLEN (drums).
* ENRICO doesn’t really need to blow his own trumpet:
countless fans and KJC regulars’ll do it for him.
* His ‘fine command of his instrument and stylistic invention
place him among the finest jazz stars of today.’
* PETE MAJOR (piano), DAVE LEE (clarinet, alto),
JOHN HARTLEY (drums), HARRISON WOOD ( Bass).
* Tenor sax man LIAM BYRNE
-who guested memorably with Harry Allen last November-
fronts an impressive lineup recreating the authentic sound of American jazz classics
of the era of swing and bebop.
*ANDRZEJ BARANEK (piano),TONY ORMISHER (guitar), FRANK GRIME (acoustic bass)
* The return of the master musicians who wowed us in September ‘15.
* KEITH NICHOLS (piano) is a legend of classic British Jazz,with
a star- speckled career as multi-instrumentalist,arranger,band leader…
his enviable technique ‘recalls the 20s & 30s masters.’
* TREVOR WHITING is one of the UK’s finest reedsmen.
PRESS/CLICK THESE ARROW BUTTONS TO ACCESS OTHER MONTHS’ EVENTS.